The act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression.
A steady flow (usually from natural causes). Приклади
- The raft floated downstream on the current.
- He felt a stream of air.
Dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas. Приклади
- Two streams of development run through American history.
- Stream of consciousness.
- The flow of thought.
- The current of history.
A natural body of running water flowing on or under the earth.
Something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously. Приклади
- A stream of people emptied from the terminal.
- The museum had planned carefully for the flow of visitors.
Exude profusely. Приклади
- She was streaming with sweat.
- His nose streamed blood.
Move in large numbers. Приклади
- People were pouring out of the theater.
- Beggars pullulated in the plaza.
Flow freely and abundantly. Приклади
- Tears streamed down her face.
To extend, wave or float outward, as if in the wind. Приклади
- Their manes streamed like stiff black pennants in the wind.
Rain heavily. Приклади
- Put on your rain coat-- it's pouring outside!