The action or manner of throwing something. Приклади
- His pitch fell short and his hat landed on the floor.
(baseball) the throwing of a baseball by a pitcher to a batter.
Abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance). Приклади
- The pitching and tossing was quite exciting.
An all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump.
A high approach shot in golf.
The property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration.
Degree of deviation from a horizontal plane. Приклади
- The roof had a steep pitch.
Promotion by means of an argument and demonstration.
A vendor's position (especially on the sidewalk). Приклади
- He was employed to see that his paper's news pitches were not trespassed upon by rival vendors.
Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
Set the level or character of. Приклади
- She pitched her speech to the teenagers in the audience.
Set to a certain pitch. Приклади
- He pitched his voice very low.
Lead (a card) and establish the trump suit.
Hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin.
Throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball. Приклади
- The pitcher delivered the ball.
Throw or toss with a light motion. Приклади
- Flip me the beachball.
- Toss me newspaper.
Erect and fasten. Приклади
- Pitch a tent.
Move abruptly. Приклади
- The ship suddenly lurched to the left.
Heel over. Приклади
- The tower is tilting.
- The ceiling is slanting.
Fall or plunge forward. Приклади
- She pitched over the railing of the balcony.
Be at an angle. Приклади
- The terrain sloped down.
Sell or offer for sale from place to place.