A valve that controls the flow of air into the carburetor of a gasoline engine.
A coil of low resistance and high inductance used in electrical circuits to pass direct current and attenuate alternating current.
Breathe with great difficulty, as when experiencing a strong emotion. Приклади
- She choked with emotion when she spoke about her deceased husband.
Cause to retch or choke.
Struggle for breath; have insufficient oxygen intake. Приклади
- He swallowed a fishbone and gagged.
Constrict (someone's) throat and keep from breathing.
Reduce the air supply. Приклади
- Choke a carburetor.
- The old man finally kicked the bucket.
Suppress the development, creativity, or imagination of. Приклади
- His job suffocated him.
Become stultified, suppressed, or stifled. Приклади
- He is suffocating--living at home with his aged parents in the small village.
Impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of. Приклади
- The foul air was slowly suffocating the children.
Become or cause to become obstructed. Приклади
- The leaves clog our drains in the Fall.
- The water pipe is backed up.
Be too tight; rub or press. Приклади
- This neckband is choking the cat.
Wring the neck of. Приклади
- The man choked his opponent.
Check or slow down the action or effect of. Приклади
- She choked her anger.
Fail to perform adequately due to tension or agitation. Приклади
- The team should have won hands down but choked, disappointing the coach and the audience.